A Look at Different Knife Types
If you have recently started cooking for yourself and are still learning about cooking and how to make your way around kitchens and different tools and supplies, then it is alright if you are a little confused right now. There are a lot of different types of tools, pots, pans and other items that everyone considers to be an essential part of a kitchen. However, if you are an amateur and are still learning, you should not worry about these things, and should instead focus on the basics.
For the sake of this article, we will be taking a look at different types of knives and doing a quick rundown of a few basic types in order to help you familiarize yourself with them, and if you happen to be interested in buying knives, you can check out knifegeeky review for their take on different companies.
- Meat carving knives are used to slice and carve thin slices of meats like poultry and ham. The circular shape and the pointed tip helps to make thinner and more precise cuts. This shape also helps for cutting other items against boards as well.
- Chef knives are very common in commercial kitchens and come in a variety of different sizes. It consists of a wide blade that happens to taper into a sharp point. This knife is very versatile and can be used for mincing, cutting and chopping.
- Cleavers are long and wide knives that are used for cutting through thick meat and bones.
- Bread knives have serrated edges and are ideal for cutting through loaves of bread and fruits.
- Boning knives are also meat knives that are used to help separate meat from the bone. It comes in a variety of sizes and is used to make clean and precise cuts through the meat.